Friday 3 September 2010

Blog Hop


Good morning! And if you're not reading this in the morning, YOU'RE LATE. SIT DOWN, SHUT UP AND PAY ATTENTION.

It's been a good week here at Learning to Read. There's been the fun Gods Behaving Badly, the excellent Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha, and the possibly-even-more-excellent Country of the Blind. Not to mention the end and round up of my personal mini-challenge, the Summer Of Strangers.

Coming up are reviews of another Brookmyre, A Tale Etched in Blood and Hard Black Pencil, and Michael Chabon's The Yiddish Policemen's Union.

Today's Blog Hop Question is, do you judge a book by it's cover?

And the answer is yes. Not completely, but it's one of the big factors in whether I will pick up a book and find out more, when there's hundreds on the shelf. And when I'm choosing between two books that sound equally good, a pretty cover is going to be hard to turn down. My current love of Chabon  and Brookmyre probably owes something to them both having COOL AS HECK covers.

 

5 comments:

  1. Hey, stopping by from The Hop! I'm a new follower :) Yeah I do too sometimes judge books by their covers but if it's so pretty I can't resist! XD

    I hope you are able to come visit, I've got a giveaway going on right now!

    http://scarrletreader.blogspot.com/

    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping over...! Yes, I always judge books by their cover. Always! :-)

    Happy reading this week. I'm here: http://leeswammes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll read the blurb on a book with a pretty cover while the poor ugly books are left out in the cold. I do this so that when I'm reading on public transport, people will look at my book and think I'm awesome. This has resulted in reading a little bit of genius and a lot of bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard not to judge by covers! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping by and following! ;)

    Come to see me at Murphy's Library
    http://www.murphyslibrary.com/

    ReplyDelete