Friday 30 April 2010

Blog Friday


Welcome to anyone stopping by from the Blog Hop! Leave a comment to say hello, and don't hesitate to follow.

I mentioned a couple of days ago that Blog Friday would be a regular feature where I talk about blogging rather than books. It was my plan to start off by talking about one blog each week, and work through a list of my half a dozen favourite blogs.

However...

Yesterday, Learning To Read got awarded the prestigious Pulitzer-equivalent, the Prolific Blogger Award! Awarded in this case by the ambitious (check this out) and discriminating book-blogger Sarah. We were offered a choice between the reward and a speedboat, and Michael Owen says you should never pick the speedboat.

As I write this, Michael is putting in some stirling work on our new trophy cabinet. He's following the instructions and everything.

Here's what the award means:

A prolific blogger is one who is intellectually productive, keeping up an active blog with enjoyable content. After accepting this award, recipients are asked to pass it forward to seven other deserving blogs.

Wow! And here are the seven winners, as picked by Learning To Read:

Lauren Learns the Hard Way
Running The Central Line
TYSIC: Ten Years And All That
Bibliophiliac
The Good Mood Decade
The Alchemy of Writing
Back of the Net

They are in no particular order, and not all are book-related. I will go through these one by one over the next seven Blog Fridays, and justify my choices. Is that the sound of you licking your lips in anticipation? Yes... yes, I think it might be.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Ben! What an honour! I suppose I'd better erect a trophy cabinet of my own. Or indeed a small marina. Do I get the choice too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the love! That's the first time my ramblings have ever been reffered to as 'intellectually productive.'

    ...does this mean the speedboat is still up for grabs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Just stopping by from the blog hop and not following

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know several of those blogs! All fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won an award. Get ready for the longest speech in history. I will cry tens of times.

    Anyway, thanks for the award and now, where did you get that trophy cabinet? Also can Michael put it up for me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for stopping by my blog, and congrats on the award!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am charmed to receive this prestigious award!

    ReplyDelete