Friday 23 April 2010

Book Blogger Hop!

Thank you to Sarah for telling me about the Book Blogger Hop. This is an idea from over at Crazy For Books, where you can find a list of blogs about books, and can even add yourself to the list. The idea is that you let a lot of book bloggers know you're out there, and get to browse through the 130+ blogs already on the list. The only downside is realising how much better everyone else's blogs are.

I've found half a dozen so far that I'm enjoying reading, and hopefully wll return to--even though one of them expressed a dislike of Kurt Vonnegut. I'm man enough to pretend that I'm man enough to let that slide, though.

So! Hello to anyone reading this from the Hop, drop a comment to let me know you've been here. And maybe while you're here, you can help me out a little?

1. I'm internet-illiterate, pretty much. I've seen the pretty logo from the Crazy For Books site appearing in a number of other people's Hop-posts. How do I do that?

2. I've noticed a lot of other people eith Blogger accounts, who have made their blogs look really awesome and unique. I'm just usuing one of the templates, and haven't changed a thing. What do I do?


Learning To Read will return next week for a super-jazzed up interactive internet experience, with free pizza. It will be hosted by David Schwimmer and will feature everything you have ever loved.

10 comments:

  1. I got my background by using bloggers draft abilities. It was still one of the templates but It was slightly more fitting.

    here is a link that talks about it http://bloggerindraft.blogspot.com/2010/03/blogger-template-designer.html

    And if you want to add the picture, just click on it, copy the web address and click on the add an image button when you post.

    hope that was helpful and not confusing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the same exact template you do, and I quite like it ;). Just stopping by on the Book Blogger hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite like this template, I visit ALOT of blogs and as long as the content is good and the layout/colours etc is clear then Im happy.

    Since I know nothing about computers I got this company here http://www.designerblogs.com/ to do mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog via the hop-try signing into blogger in draft and just for starters experiment with the template designer feature-I am a follower of your blog now and look forward to seeing you develop it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to visit you.
    Kelly Bookend Diaries
    http://bookenddiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cool!! i sort of participated in the blog hop a while back.

    best of luck with everything! and welcome to the writing world :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there - thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad that I may have swayed you toward Henry James. If I pick up The Portrait of a Lady, it will be my first James read.

    As for the copying in the button for the Blog Hop... I usually right click on the picture, and save it to my local machine. Then I click the picture button when creating a new post and browse for the file. Super easy and you'll be an expert in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already feel like saying "I knew Ben when..." I hope a lot of new people start reading this and supporting your efforts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha I will give Vonnegut another go, maybe I just started with the wrong book.

    ReplyDelete